Sometimes while updating your Windows 10 in your computer, you encounter the installation error and, the download fails in between. Today, we are going to share information about how we do Windows 10 Update.
There are two types of problems in the Windows 10 update.
Issue No 1: When Windows 10 fall Creators Update version 1709 Download completes, then Windows asks to restart the system. Once restarted, Windows 10 does not update and fails. The error is seen as follows – “feature update to Windows 10, version 1709: failed to install…. (Error: 0x8008 0008)
Issue No 2: When we update Windows 10, it stops in the middle while downloading and gets stuck at 80% -99% during the update.
How to Fix Feature Update of Windows 10 Problem?
Follow the below-mentioned tips before updating your system.
- Uninstall Antivirus in your Computer
- Remove or disconnect the USB Device from the computer (eg: USB Wireless Mouse, Pen Drive, Net Setter)
- Before starting Windows Update, fix Windows Update with Troubleshooter. You can do this by going to Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Windows Update.
Method 1: How to update by deleting Windows update folder
- First of all, open the “run command box” by pressing Win + R simultaneously.
- After the Run command box is open, press the OK button by typing Services.msc.
- Run Command Box windows update
- The list of services will open, the service named Windows Update will appear below. Right-click on it and click on the stop button
- Next, open Local Disk (C 🙂
- Delete Windows >> software distribution Folder [ie go to Windows (C 🙂 and click on Windows Folder, there will be a Folder named Software Distribution, delete it]
- Now restart the computer and then update Windows
- If Windows 10 Update is still not happening, then right-click where you stopped Windows Update and go to Properties and Automatic Disabled in Startup Type.
- Update Windows again.
Method 2: How to Manually Update Your Windows 10
If you are facing Windows 10 Update problem as described above, then Windows 10 Update can be done with this method. You have to download Windows Update assistant software from Window 10 official website, let’s see-
- First, go to the Windows 10 Download site.
- Click on Update Now button
- Install the software after Windows10upgrade is downloaded to your computer.
- Once installed, open it and click on Update Now
This way your computer/laptop will start having Windows 10 Update.
Also Read: How to Fix Please Wait Screen Windows 10
Method 3: How to Update Windows 10 by Repairing System File from SFC
If you are definitely having problems installing Windows 10 Update, then Windows 10 update can be done by SFC command-line tools by doing system file repair from SFC. Follow the steps below for this:
- First of all, search the CMD (Command Prompt) in the search box in Computer
- Once the cmd arrives, right-click with the mouse and open it with Run as administration.
- Enter the command given below and follow
- SFC / SCANNOW
- Then enter
- After SFC Scan Complete, update Windows 10 Fall Creators Update install again
Your Windows 10 fall Creators will start being updated. If this trick is not working, try the next method below.
Method 4: How to Fix Windows Corruption Error with DISM Command Line Tool
- Open cmd with run as administration
- type the word below in cmd window
Dism.ese / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth
- Wait for a little
- And the restore operation completed successfully. The component store Corruption was Repaired in cmd Window. It will come written
- Restart the computer after that.
- Check for Updates, and install it
- Installing will be successful after your Windows 10 Download is complete.
Method 5: How to prevent Windows 10 update installation and upgrade it
Sometimes the Update Installation in Windows 10 does not upgrade properly. For this, the window has to be done by setting Auto Update and Manually Update. For this follow the following step-
- Press both Windows + R buttons simultaneously which will open the RUN COMMAND box.
- Type in services.msc then press ok.
- See Window Update in it and double click
- A new window will open in that disabled and ok in Startup Type.
- Restart computer
- Then try to update Window 10
Your Windows 10 Update will begin. Installing Windows 10 1709 update from the 5 methods mentioned by us can fix the problem of Windows 10 update. If you still encounter any type of problem in updating Windows 10, comment us below and ask questions.