Removing apps on Mac is easy, just like Windows, where every program has an uninstaller. Uninstalling apps on Mac is so simple, you need to drop the file to the trash. However, there are a few software programs that are difficult to remove. All of them have different reasons to remove apps from their PC. Some want to clean their PC, or the app is not useful. Therefore, it depends on the user why they want to uninstall apps on Mac. If you’re one of them who wants to uninstall apps on a Mac, but you don’t know how to do it then you’ve come to the right place.
Here in this article, we will show you a few different ways you can use to uninstall apps on Mac. Apple Mac is different than Windows, so everyone isn’t aware of how to delete apps on Mac. Go through the full article and check out several different ways and uninstall apps on your Mac.
How to uninstall apps on MAC?
Look at different ways to uninstall apps on Mac. Below are some methods that will help you to delete apps on Mac.
Method 1: Uninstall apps using Launchpad
If you don’t know, let me tell you that you can uninstall any app on Mac through Launchpad. Launchpad shows all the apps that are there on your iOS. Follow the given steps and uninstall the app using the launch.
- First of all, launch Launchpad by clicking F4
- Click on the app you want to remove
- Now press the ALT key and click delete
- Verify to delete the app
- Using Launchpad to delete the apps is the easiest way to remove an app installed by the App Store.
NOTE: This method only works on the apps installed through the Mac App Store. It won’t work for those apps that are installed by third-party developers.
Method 2: Uninstall apps using Finder
This is the easiest way to uninstall any Mac app, you just need to select and delete the files using the Finder app. Follow the steps and remove any app from your Mac.
- First, open Finder which is placed at the dock
- Now, in Finder, click on Applications
- Search for the app you want to delete
- Right-click and select “Move to Trash” option or drag the app icon to Trash
- On the trash can right click and tap on empty trash.
- Once you uninstall the app, remember that it will be permanently deleted from your Mac. If you mistakenly deleted any app and want it back, go to the trash can before emptying the trash. Go to the trash can and choose the app you want back and click on put back.
There are few apps that contain a separate uninstaller to remove all traces of the app. The apps are from Adobe or Microsoft because some apps install more apps or add library files.
Method 3: Go to applications
The method is also very easy.
- Open the Mac and go to the Go menu
- Tap on applications
- You will see all the apps, some of them are in a folder and some are not
- The apps that are in the file open the file
- There you will see an uninstaller option
- Double click on it and follow the given instructions
If you’ve downloaded an app from somewhere else and not from the Mac App Store, follow the steps provided and uninstall the app. Let us take an example of audacity. Audacity is downloaded from another website so you need to go to the Audacity developer website
- Go to Panic’s official website
- Scroll down and go to the support section
- Click the Help section
- Search for the uninstaller
- There you will see instructions step by step to uninstall an app
- Follow the steps and uninstall the app.
NOTE: Make sure you only download the app from the official website only. Do not download an app from the download site or any other site and when you delete the app at that time and only use genuine methods, you don’t need any other app to delete the app from Mac.
Method 5: Delete the program completely
Even after deleting the app, few files are left on the computer. Therefore, you need to completely uninstall apps om Mac.
- First, go to GO Menu from the top side of the screen
- Click on the library
- Go to app support
- There are different folders for all apps
- In the list, check if there is a file from the app that you are uninstalling
- Delete that file
Important tips to uninstall apps on MAC
Check out some tips before uninstalling any program on Mac.
- Before you install any program, first see how to uninstall it. Make sure it has its own uninstall utility
- Before deleting apps, check your trash is empty, and it doesn’t have anything you want to save
- If the app is a third-party app, check your features. Few of them are chargeable, but you do not need to use the paid software.
There are few genuine methods to uninstall apps on Mac. You can try any of these methods to delete an app from Mac. Make sure you do not use any fake app to remove the apps, as it may harm your PC. If you want to download any app that is not available in the Apple store, make sure you download it from the developer website that is not fake.
We hope you enjoyed this article and it was helpful for you. Stay tuned to us for more updates. If you have any questions, let us know by commenting in the comment section below.