There is no doubt that Instagram is one of the popular social networking services for sharing photos and videos that are always error-free. Different problems may arise on Instagram due to various circumstances or reasons. I recently disconnected from Instagram automatically, and when I tried to log in again, there was an error saying “Sorry there was a problem with your request Instagram”. I thought there might be something wrong with my network connection or server, resolved soon.
I tried to log in after a few minutes, but still, I received the same error. Nor was it a filtering problem since I even tried to use Instagram with a VPN. Then I tried reinstalling Instagram, so I uninstalled it and installed it again, but the error was not resolved. I searched it on Google and discovered that Instagram banned my IP address and unfortunately I could not access my Instagram account from the official application.
This article is about solving the Instagram error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request.” Probably many of us have been facing this error while using Instagram. I can understand how you feel in such a situation. Let me share my experience with you.
Why the error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request” occurs
There are several reasons why this problem occurs and does not allow you to access your Instagram account. Violation of Instagram guidelines and policies also introduces such an error. The second reason why you are going to experience such problems is a problem with Instagram servers. In addition, a weak Internet connection can create such a problem.
How to fix ‘Sorry, there was a problem with your request” Instagram error?
After visiting several websites, forums and discussions, I gathered information about the error and discovered some of the best ways to get rid of this problem. You just need to follow these methods to solve this problem. Let’s take a look at a solution.
Method 1: log in through a Facebook account
This is the easiest way to get rid of this error. You must connect your Facebook account with Instagram to resolve this error.
- Open the Instagram website on any web browser on your mobile phone.
- Log in to your Instagram account through the browser.
- Go to the Settings of your Instagram account and delete the Facebook account if you have added any.
- Now create a new Facebook account to connect to your Instagram account.
- Once you have created the new Facebook account, take another phone where you can log in to the Instagram account through the application without receiving the error.
- Open your Instagram settings and connect the Facebook account you created previously.
- Now delete the Instagram application data on your own device.
- After that, open the Instagram application.
- Log in with Facebook on Instagram.
That’s! Your Instagram account will be registered correctly and you will no longer receive the error “Sorry, there was a problem with your request”.
Method 2: Temporary Disabling Account
This method is based on disabling your Instagram account for a different period.
- Log in to your Instagram account through the website or desktop browser.
- Go to your profile.
- Touch edit profile.
- Touch Temporarily disables my account.
- Give a reason to disable your account and keep in mind that you can deactivate it only once in a week.
- Wait six hours and do not log in to your Instagram account during this period.
- After that, try logging into your account through the application.
- Voila! Now you can use your Instagram account without seeing the annoying error.
Method 3: Factory reset
If none of these methods worked for you, you should factory reset your device. But remember to make backup copies of your data before using this method.
- Make a backup of your personal data.
- Go to your device settings.
- Find the “factory reset” option.
- Proceed to restart.
- Once your device is reset, download and install Instagram again.
- Log in to your Instagram account through the application.
- Done! You will be logged in to your Instagram account without any errors.
Method 4: Change IMEI and Android ID
This method is for those users who have a rooted device. If your mobile phone is rooted, uninstall the Instagram application from your mobile phone.
- At first, make sure your mobile phone is rooted successfully.
- Uninstall the Instagram application from your mobile.
- Now change the IMEI number and Android ID of your mobile phone.
- Restart your mobile phone.
- Download Instagram from Google Play Store.
- Login to your account.
- That’s it, you’ll log in.
Method 5: Use the parallel space application
This is also the same as the previous method 4. Here you can also create a clone of the Instagram application but using the Parallel Space application. That’s how:
- Download “Parallel Space” from Play Store
- Open it and create a clone for Instagram
- Open your clone on the home page and log in to Instagram.
- That’s it!
Method 6: Trying to access Instagram from a different device
Sometimes, accessing your Instagram through another device can also solve the problem. If you can log in to your Instagram from another device, then there may be certain failures in your device.
Method 7: Contact Instagram
Your last option is to contact the Instagram help center.
- If all the above methods did not solve your problem, open the authorization screen and look for the “Help to login” option.
- Touch “use username or email”
- Enter your email and choose “send email”
- Check your mailbox
- You have to touch the big blue button and ask you to open the link with Instagram, Chrome, etc. You must select Instagram and select “Always use this option”.
- That’s it!
I hope you had the idea of getting rid of the Instagram login problem or sorry, there was a problem with your request error. This method only works when you can access your Instagram account from the browser and not from the Instagram application. If your account is permanently banned everywhere, this method will not work for you.