What is worse than getting the Instagram account hacked or someone else is using your Instagram account without knowing you? Nothing, we don’t want to say anything. If your Instagram account has been hacked, then you are in a very critical situation. The hacker can do anything with your account. Hackers can download your images and they can make illegal use of your pictures, or they can publish any content in your account and seriously influence your followers. Whatever the case, you must act quickly to recover your hacked Instagram account. There is no more time to lose, your Instagram account and your followers are at stake. However, nothing is impossible, recovering a badly hacked account may be a bit difficult but not impossible.
In the process of recovering your Instagram account, you must be aware of the seriousness of the case. There are levels of an Instagram hack. If you are discovering that the content published from your account you have no idea, your password may be compromised and the hacker has your password. The most serious attack is when you cannot log in to your account and your email address, as well as other information, has also changed. If you are facing such a complex situation, do not worry, we have the right solutions for you.
How to recover hacked Instagram account
1. If you can log in to your account:
If your Instagram account has been hacked and you can still log in to it. You must be observing suspicious things, the hacker can comment or like and publish unauthorized content. Then you can realize that your account has been hacked, however, the good thing is that you can still log in to your account.
To do so, first, log in to your recovered account and then click on the settings icon on the profile page, if you are using an Internet browser. Then, on the next page, tap “authorized applications” and then, by clicking Revoke access, you can cancel access to the applications you don’t use. Or you can revoke access from all applications to request your access permission.
2. If you cannot log in to your account:
If you have been the victim of a dangerous hacker, they may have changed your password to eject you from your Instagram home. Despite that, there is still hope to recover your pirated account. To do this you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram login page.
- Tap on “get help to log in” option.
- Then a page will open to reset the password. You are asked to enter your email address or username.
- If you are using an Android phone, you must touch the arrow icon in the upper right corner after entering the username.
- If you are an Apple user, no arrow will appear and you can continue with the next step in which you touch “need more help”.
- The Instagram application will allow you to pass the password reset process.
3. If your email address is changed:
If you have been hacked by a more disastrous hacker, then not only they will change your password, but also change all your information, including your email and username. Recovering such accounts is more difficult and the process also takes time. But you have to wait and work for it.
The first thing you should keep in mind is that you have either received an email from Instagram to your email address. If you have received it, then this is great news. Instagram will ask if you have sent the email change request. If you have not done so, you will be provided a link to regain access to your account.
Instagram will send an automatic reply email to the secure email address you have provided and ask you to verify your identity. To do so, one or both of the following verifications must be requested:
- Your photo with the handwritten code that Instagram has provided.
- The device you used to register and the email or phone number you used at the time of registration.
- When Instagram is convinced that you are the owner of the account, it will provide you with more specific instructions to recover your pirated account.
4. Try to reach Instagram easily
That was easy, but if the hacker gained access to your original email ID and deleted the email that Instagram has sent to you? Don’t be disappointed, Instagram has more options for you. If you have linked your Instagram account with Facebook, then Facebook can help you recover it.
- If you are an Android user, tap “get help logging in” on the Instagram login page. Then tap “sign in with Facebook” and use Facebook information to sign in to your account.
- On iOS, the Instagram account will already be registered in the Facebook application, click “continue as” with your Facebook username. Once you are logged in you can adjust your email ID and password.
- Instagram also sends a text message to the owners who have provided the phone number. It will send you a link to recover your account.
Recovering a hacked Instagram account is not that difficult, however, make sure the hacker does not delete your account. If the Instagram account is deleted once, it can never be recovered. To ensure the security of your account, you can activate the two-factor authentication option provided by Instagram. It will require your phone number and a text message will be sent to you every time you log in with a new device.