Range extenders have become an important part of our daily WiFi use. With the development of modern technology, everyone likes faster and longer wireless connections. Expander means to enhance and straighten the wireless connection. Today here we will help you understand how to setup Netgear range extender?
Tips about Netgear Range Extender mywifiext.net
- Netgear Extender is a plug and plays device and installation is quick and easy.
- The extender should be placed in the middle of the house for the best performance.
- net is just a web portal that can help you set up and configure the Netgear range extender.
- If you need to set an older range extender from the beginning, reset the Netgear extender.
- If you cannot open the http://mywifiext.net Extender settings, please reset the settings.
- Find the default Netgear extension details in the extension configuration card.
ALSO READ: How to Reset Netgear Range Extender
How to setup Netgear range extender in a few simple steps
There are many models of Netgear range extender, such as Netgear N300 and n600 dual-band expanders. You can use the same method to setup all types of range extenders, this article will guide you on how to configure it.
- Unpack the range extender and plug the extender into a power outlet, then turn on the device.
- Now go to the computer and see the WiFi icon on the taskbar, please click on the wireless icon. You may see many networks, including a new network called Netgear.ext.
- Now click on Netgear.ext and connect to it. After connecting, please open a browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge
- At the top of the browser, type Mywifiext.net and press Enter or Go. Now it will take you to the Netgear configuration portal.
- Please click “New Extension Settings” and use your email to register your extension with Netgear. Please create an account.
- In the next portal you will be asked how to use the extender, please choose the WiFi range extender
- Now it will search the network, it may provide you with a list of wireless networks. Please select the network name of your main router and click Next
- Please enter your existing network password (main router wireless password), and then click Next
- Now, you can change the network name and password of the Netgear extender on the next page, and then click “Next”, it will apply all settings and will display all information about the new extender.
- After saving the settings, please restart all devices and place the extender anywhere within the range of the main router.
Congratulations, Bravo your Netgear range extender is set up and you can use it on any device.