Scheduling emails in the future is one of the best features Gmail has not yet provided. Sometimes, when you have time to write an email, it may not be the best time to send it. Maybe you are sending birthday wishes and want to postpone the email to the actual date, or write all “Happy New Year” emails now and set it to be sent within two weeks, this type of use case is an unlimited feature. Fortunately, there is a very easy-to-use Chrome extension that allows you to schedule emails in Gmail.
Benefits of using schedule email in Gmail feature:
- Avoid reducing the possibility of opening or affirmatively replying to the email: when arranging the email, you can ensure that the email is sent at a time suitable for the recipient.
- Modify the email without regret: Have you ever sent an email and want to undo it? By scheduling your email? You can go back and modify them at any time, and then send them again (if needed).
- When it suits you, respond to customers at the most appropriate time: Have you noticed that some of your customers respond more at specific times of the day? This is where the email is scheduled to reappear. Just because someone ’s time does not fit your time does not mean that you have to compromise your email.
How to set up Gmail Scheduler
- Open the Gmail website, compose an email, add the body of the message, and then specify the recipient in the “To”, “Cc”, or “Bcc” fields. After writing the email, do not click the send button, but keep these messages as drafts.
- Go to the Gmail add-on store and click the green “Install” button to add the Email Studio to your Gmail account.
- After installing the Email Studio add-on, go to your Gmail mailbox and open all messages in your inbox. Note that you need to open a message in the “Inbox” folder instead of the draft folder because Gmail add-ons are not currently displayed in the draft.
- You will now see the Email Studio icon in the right column. Click the icon to open the plug-in and grant the necessary authorization. This is necessary because all emails will be sent from your own Gmail account.
- You will see a list of available services in the sidebar of the Email Studio. Click the “Email Scheduler” service and select “Add New Plan” to plan the draft message you wrote in the previous step.
Steps to scheduled email in Gmail using Web
- Navigate to Chrome Webstore and install Boomerang for Gmail (link).
- Go back to your Gmail inbox (you may need to refresh)
- Click the “Compose” button and then write your email
- At the bottom of the compose window, click “Send Later” and then select the time you want to send the email.
- Click “Plan” and you are done!
Note: Click the Boomerang logo in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser window to view and edit previously scheduled emails
Schedule emails in Gmail using mobile client
This works basically the same in the Gmail mobile client.
- When writing emails in the Gmail mobile client, just click the three dots next to the send icon. You will see an option to send it.
- After clicking this button, you will see the same preset schedule options, or you can choose “Choose Date and Time” to customize the date and time of delivery.
- Set the date and time, and then select Schedule to send to complete.