In this article, we will explain how to reset Netgear range extender. Resetting range extender to default can solve many problems related to Netgear Extender, just restore the extender to the default settings. But before resetting the Netgear Range extender, let us tell you why it should be done and how it will benefit you –
- Has the Netgear range extender stopped working?
- Do you see orange or amber light flashing to the Netgear range extender?
- Do you want to reset the password and set it as an expander?
- You cannot access mywifiext to set up and configure Wireless Extender
- Ask yourself all these questions, if you have any questions about these questions, then today you are going to fix the Netgear extender.
There are two simple ways to reset Netgear range extender to its default settings:
- Hard reset Netgear range extender –
One of the most common errors many people do is that they try to reset the router or extender when the router is off. Make sure to reset Netgear range extender after plugging in the power supply.
- Use a paper clip or a miniature pen node, then take a closer look at the back of the Netgear extender.
- Locate the reset hole on the back, then press with a paper clip and hold it for the next 30 seconds, unless you see all the lights start flashing on the shelf.
- Now, let the Reset key disappear and restart Netgear Range Extender.
Congratulations, you have successfully restored all settings to the default values of the Netgear range extender. Now you can set up Netgear Extender by visiting www.mywifiext.net This will help you to reset and setup Netgear range extender. For those who may find it difficult to perform this method, we have another method to reset Netgear range extender.
- Soft reset Netgear range extender –
- In order to soft reset the extender, you will need a computer and an Ethernet cable.
- Plug Netgear Extender into a power source, and connect the Ethernet cable from the computer to the Extender.
- Go to the default gateway or IP address of Netgear Extender, such as http://myWiFiext.net, if not, try this IP address 192.168.1.250
- Access the web interface by using the default username “admin” and password “password”
- Once you access the settings, please reset all settings and restart the Netgear Range Extender.
- After restarting, plug it into a power outlet and start setting up like a brand new extender.
We hope this will help you solve and reset your Netgear range extender to default settings, now it will work smooth. Please leave a comment below if you have any other problems with the Netgear extender, please let us know.