If you haven’t saved your Excel file in time when you spend hours working on a really important workbook due to an unexpected Excel or system failure, careless action, or power failure! Then you do not need to worry about it. You can easily recover an excel file or an unsaved excel file with three simple solutions. These are Excel document recovery, temporary file, and automatic recovery. However, many users reported the same problem, and to fix the problem you just need to follow the guide given below.
That’s why Microsoft offers an automatic recovery option that helps you recover any unsaved files but the fact is that their current version cannot be obtained because Excel or the system crashed. So, in this publication, you will get three workable solutions for recovering unsaved Excel files. So, follow these steps to quickly get the Excel file not saved.
Simple Solutions to Recover Unsaved Excel Files
Solution 1: Recover by restoring the document
- First, you need to open your Excel program and then select the Restore option.
- Then click “Show recovered files”. Version.
- Next, your saved files will appear in the Document Recovery panel.
- Now open this saved file and then save the one you want.
Solution 2. Recover from temporary files
The fact is that temporary files often work as backups. So, if you have lost the saved Excel file you were working on, you don’t need to be panic! Because you can easily recover unsaved excel file by finding temporary files. So, you can stick to these two options to do this.
Option 1: You can go to the following path to find the saved Excel file:
Path “C: \ Users \ [username] \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Office \ UnsavedFiles”.
Option 2. Alternatively, you can use the following steps.
- Open Excel and click File, then Info and Manage Workbook.
- Then click on the option “Restore unsaved workbooks” from the drop-down menu.
- You can now select this saved file and click Open.
- Then, when a pop-up window appears, select the “Save As” option to restore it.
- You are now done.
Solution 3: Recover from the automatic recovery option
You often encounter unsaved Excel files error because of your close Excel tab unknowingly without saving the file, or sudden power cute and many other reasons. In any case, you can easily recover the excel file from the automatic recovery option by following the instructions below.
- Go to Excel, click File, click Open, and then click Restore Unsaved Workbooks at the bottom.
- Then locate the saved Excel file that you lost. Then double-click it as a way to open it in Excel.
- Then click the “Save As” button to restore it.
Therefore, by following the above solutions, you can also configure and change the “AutoPlay Settings”, follow the instruction below.
How to configure automatic recovery settings in Excel?
- Scroll to Excel, then tap File, then tap Options
- In the left navigation pane, click the Save tab.
- Make sure to “Save auto-recovery information every Z minutes” and “save the latest auto-saved version if you close without saving”, cross it out.
- In addition, you can delay the recovery period slightly to ensure that each file is saved.
- Then click OK.
We hope you can now recover unsaved excel files efficiently and quickly by completing the above solutions in minutes.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Photos