MS Outlook is also similar to Gmail for sending or receiving emails. The most common problem with MS Outlook is Outlook IMAP error 0x800ccc0e. This error occurs when an email client user performs email communication. When this error occurs, a message will be displayed telling you:
The connection to the server failed. Account: “your_account”, Server: “your_SMTP_server”, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Security (SSL): No, Socket error: 10061, Error number: 0x800ccc0e
After receiving this error, please try to find out the cause and solve the problem. This error occurs for various reasons.
Solutions to fix Outlook IMAP error 0x800ccc0e:
These are many solutions to fix Outlook IMAP error 0x800ccc0e. Please follow these steps to resolve these issues:
- Check your Internet connection: Due to the slow Internet connection, this may cause errors. If your Internet connection is incorrect, you are experiencing problems. Therefore, please ensure that there is an active Internet connection between the system and the Exchange server. By solving this problem, you can resolve Outlook IMAP errors.
- Check the email account settings in Outlook: This error occurs due to incorrect incoming, outgoing account, user name, and password settings. Therefore, all parameters must be correct. When checking account settings, make sure that the username contains a complete email address. In different versions of MS Outlook, the configuration setting process may be different. Therefore, it is best to choose the Microsoft website for more detailed information.
- If it looks suspicious, please delete the email: Malicious email may cause problems, such as mail blocking. Therefore, try to delete it from the mailbox by using a web program to access the mailbox to solve Outlook IMAP error 0x800ccc0e.
- Disable anti-virus applications: Anti-virus will also cause Outlook error 0x800ccc0e, the error has been installed on the system to ensure safety. Therefore, please turn off all firewall software, antivirus software, email scanning software, or email spammers running on the computer system. Such programs rarely prevent you from logging into your email account correctly. To deactivate all programs until you start to access email.
- Firewall configuration: Always ensure that the firewall does not prevent Outlook.exe from accessing the Internet. However, this method involves certain security risks. Therefore, please use this method with caution.
- Run Outlook in safe mode:
- Opening Outlook in safe mode can resolve many Outlook errors.
- First, in the latest version of Windows (such as 10 / 8.1 / 8/7 / vista), type exe / safe in the search bar, and then press Enter.
- In Windows 2003, 2000 and XP, go to “Start”> “Run”, then type exe / safe, and then press “OK”.
- Check your Outlook profile: To check the work of Outlook, please create a new profile and use the new profile to send/receive mail. If the effect is better, please set the new profile as the default profile to solve Outlook error 0x800ccc0e.
- Clear all blocked outbox messages:
- First, select the offline working mode found under Send / Receive
- Now, select the “Outbox” folder and delete the messages stored in the “Outbox” folder.
- Increase the server’s expiration time:
To change the server timeout setting, follow these steps:
- First, open your mind.
- Now go to File> Information> Account Settings> Account Settings.
- Select the target account and press Modify.
- Select more settings and press Advanced
- Now, increase the server’s expiration setting until the problem is solved.