Before Set up any server first you should know about their introductions to know because without basic knowledge you do not do anything. So let’s start. Office 365 allows you to connect to their IMAP, POP3, SMTP server to manage, retrieve, and send email messages. If you want to use their API then you need some information including hostname, port, username, and password, etc. Users can find out the below configuration settings. All the particular server settings are provided below you just read out and learn about it.
How to setup POP server settings for office 365?
POP is Post Office Protocol. It is basically used for retrieving emails from a mail server to a mail client. There are most of the email clients who widely used the latest version i.e. POP3. POP3 is supported extensions and several authentication mechanisms. Emails can retrieve by the POP client in the following manner, which is given below:
- First, you should connect with the email server on port number 110 and 995 for SSL or TLS connections.
- Then retrieves email messages.
- After that delete copies of the emails which are stored on the server.
- At the end disconnect from the server.
How to setup IMAP server settings for office 365?
IMAP is one of the complex protocols and the latest version of IMAP is IMAP4. The IMAP email clients are equipped with message flags that indicate whether messages are replied, read, deleted. They allow users to search against server mailboxes. Office 365 IMAP setting sare very easy to configure you can do it without facing any trouble. The IMAP email server works are illustrated below:
- You can connect to the email server with the port number 143 and 993 for SSL or TLS connections.
- Then retrieves email messages.
- After the email client application is closed you just disconnect.
How to setup SMTP server settings for Office 365?
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. It is used for sending out emails from an email client like thunderbird or Apple mail to another email server. SMTP’s primary function is totally different from IMAP and POP. SMTP is used for broadcast and forwarding emails also from one mail server to another email server. By default, the SMTP uses port 25, so it can also use port 587 and 465. The last was introduced as the port of choice for secure SMTP which is still used by many mail service provider companies. Office 365 SMTP settings are very easy to configure.
One more guideline is given below for office 365 IMAP and SMTP settings.
To use your email from the Outlook 365 mail server you need to configure your email account on Outlook, some instructions are given below you just follow it.
Open outlook 2016
- First of all, you need to type Outlook 2016 on your window search column, in this way, the outlook 2016 will appear you just select.
- When your Outlook 2016 app appears on your screen, you just search for the file tab and click on it.
- An account information window will appear.
- When you have selected the info tab which appears on the left side, then click on the Add account icon on the main portal. Welcome to the Outlook window will show on your screen.
- After that, you type your email address and then click the down arrow key next to advanced options.
- Then select the checkbox which appears next to the let me set up my account manually option.
- At the end click on the connect button to proceed.
In the choose account type window, you select the option of IMAP.
IMAP Account Settings
- IMAP Account settings window are appears on the screen.
- You should refer to the incoming and outgoing mail server settings which are mentioned here to configure your email account.
- When you have to file all the particular fields with the correct server settings then click on connect.
Internet email settings
- Outlook 2016 tries to connect the mail server and the internet email window display on the screen.
- Then fill the serer field with the incoming mail server settings information.
- They also, provide the option of the email address and password in the username and password fields respectively.
- After that select the checkbox and then save this password in the password list option, click on the OK button.
- Then the next window will appear on the screen, you should reenter the outgoing server name in the Server field.
- After that reenter the email address and password of your email account in the given fields.
- When you have to select the save password in the password list option then you just click on OK to finish.
Account setup complete
- The message of account setup is complete will be shown on the screen if you have entered the mail server settings correctly in the appropriate field.
- Then you select the checkbox beside the option of setup outlook mobile on my phone too.
- To finish the office 365 server settings, you just click on the OK button.