Netflix error code NW-2–5 is the type of error that prevents the user’s device from connecting to Netflix. These errors occur mainly on Smart TV, PS4, and XBOX. Users have reported that these problems arise not in all devices but in some specific devices. It becomes annoying when you have no way of solving this problem.
If you want to solve this error, you are in the correct publication. Read the blog and follow the instructions to fix Netflix error code NW-2–5.
Easy Ways to Fix Netflix Error Code NW-2–5
1. Verify Internet connectivity
- Make sure Netflix is intentionally locked.
- Cellular data or satellite internet has a slow speed compared to wired or DSL Internet.
- Verify the internet connection on the device.
- Restart the device.
- Start the home network and turn off the router and, after a few seconds, turn it on to verify the web.
If the user tries this procedure and the NW-2–5 error on Netflix is not yet corrected, try other steps.
2. Bypass the router
If you want to bypass the router, follow the steps given:
- Turn off your device.
- Connect the device to the modem via the Ethernet cable.
- Unplug the modem and connect it again.
- Turn on the device and try using Netflix.
3. How to fix Netflix Error code NW-2–5 on Playstation
In case you intend to correct the NW-2–5 error in Netflix on PlayStation, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the main menu and click Settings.
- Click Network Settings, tap Internet Settings, then press OK.
- Choose custom and then select the wired or wireless connection method.
4. On wired connections:
- Select Auto Detect as the operational code.
- Press Automatic on the IP address.
- Choose Automatic in DNS settings.
- Click Do not set for DHCP hostname.
- Change MTU to Automatic.
- Choose Do not use for the proxy server.
- Allow UPnP and tap Test connection.
5. For Wi-Fi connections:
- Choose Enter manually under WLAN.
- Verify the IP address settings three times.
- The settings you have set should now reappear.
6. How to fix Netflix error code NW-2–5 on Xbox One and Xbox
Follow the instructions provided to correct the NW-2–5 error on Netflix on Xbox One and Xbox:
- Touch Guide and click Settings.
- Open system settings.
- Select Network Settings and choose the network.
- Press Set up network and then tap DNS settings.
- Change the setting to Automatic.
- Restart the device.
7. The Xbox One:
- Click Menu and select Settings.
- Open all settings.
- Click Network and touch Network Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Choose DNS settings and press Automatic.
- Save to save the changes and restart the device.
- Check the Netflix error fixed or not.
8. Turn off parental controls BT
Follow the steps offered to disable BT parental controls:
- Log in to My BT by entering the account details provided by the Internet provider.
- Go to the My extras option by scrolling down.
- Select the Customize settings button.
- Turn off the controls by touching the key next to the parental controls BT.