Netflix has some more annoying bugs than any other streaming app. If you are using Netflix, you should get Netflix 11800 error code once for your full subscription. Almost every device gets a lot of Netflix errors every day, some of them: Netflix error 12646, Netflix error 0013, Netflix error NW-3–6, etc. If you have the Netflix error code 11800, the message will appear as:
“A problem occurred while playing this item. Try again later, or select a different item. Go to www.netflix.com/support for more information.” Or “Cannot play title. Please try again later.”
The Netflix 11800 error code generally indicates a network connection problem that is preventing the iPhone, iPad, or iPod from accessing Netflix services. We have encountered a Netflix 11800 error on iPhone, iPad or iPod multiple times, so before moving on to the solution, we should know why this error occurred.
What are the causes of Netflix 11800 error code?
The cause of the Netflix 11800 error code has not been determined but some things may cause this error are:
- Netflix error code 11800 occurs when there is a problem with network communication with iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple TV.
- You are using a VPN to prevent your device from accessing Netflix services.
- You are probably looking for too many things on Netflix.
These are some common causes of the Netflix 11800 error code. Let’s find out some solutions to fix this error code.
3 Ways to Fix Netflix Error Code 11800
Solution 1: Restart the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple TV
If you receive Error Code 11800 on Netflix, you must restart the streaming service because this is the first and easiest way to solve this error. Follow the next steps:
For Apple TV devices
- Turn off Apple TV and TV.
- Then disconnect both Apple TV and TV for two or three minutes.
- Connect both devices again.
- Turn on both devices.
- Try Netflix again.
For iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Press and hold the Sleep / Wake button, until the red slider becomes visible.
- Drag the slider to completely shut down your device.
- After 10 seconds, you can restart your device by pressing the Sleep / Wake button.
- Try Netflix again as soon as you start up your device.
Solution 2: Change your DNS settings
You can fix Netflix error code 11800 by manually changing DNS settings. Contact your ISP and ask for DNS settings or use Google DNS settings. If you have your own DNS settings, follow these instructions:
- Open the Settings app on the Apple TV
- Click on General >> Network.
- Click on your network to view the network information.
- Click Configure DNS.
- Change to a directory.
- Enter your DNS.
- Click Done, and that’s it.
If you want to use Google’s DNS settings to fix broadcast issues, you can use version 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199 — which translates to the format 008.008.008.008 or 008.008.004.004 on the Apple TV.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Netflix app
This issue may be caused by the old version of the Netflix app. Therefore, reinstall the Netflix app with the new version (if your app is not updated).
Note: — Deleting the Netflix app will delete any addresses you have downloaded to the device. So you might need an Apple ID and password to reinstall the app once it’s removed.
Here are some ways to fix Netflix Error code 11800 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and Apple TV. Please let us know if you have followed all the methods closely and still get the same error. You will also be able to comment on your inquiries below.