Lexmark printers are recognized as one of the most cost-effective devices, can meet a wide range of requirements, and are rugged and can be adapted to various industries. From printing 2,500 to 10,000 pages per month, the printer is compatible with businesses of any size and has been providing world-class technology suitable for various vertical businesses. Spare parts and accessories are easy to obtain because of their worldwide popularity. In this article, we will use simple methods to setup Lexmark printers to help users, and troubleshoot common problems with Lexmark printers to make the experience of using the brand more abundant.
How to setup a Lexmark printer?
First, to setup Lexmark printer, the user needs to choose a location large enough so that the printer’s tray, door, and lid can be opened without any obstacles, and provide assistance when installing any hardware later. The power outlet must also be nearby. In addition, please ensure that the room is well ventilated, but avoid direct contact with AC power, coolers, or heaters.
- You must connect the line port, Ethernet port, USB printer port, USB port, power cord socket, and EXT port to connect the Lexmark printer.
- Now, we study how to install Lexmark printer software: First, users need to obtain a copy of the software installer software package. Usually, it is available as a software CD that comes with the printer.
- Now, users need to visit http://support.lexmark.com and select the printer and operating system.
- Now the user can run the installer and then follow the instructions on the computer screen.
- Note: It is important to obtain the printer IP address from the “TCP / IP” section of the available “Network / Port” menu.
How do I setup Lexmark wireless printer?
Users can setup Lexmark printer wireless settings in two ways. To do this, we need to make sure that the router and printer are close to each other to make the printer get the best Wi-Fi range connection.
METHOD 1: With the help of Windows 10, add printer options:
Step 1: On Windows, the search box user must enter “printer”.
Step 2: Right-click the “Printers and Scanners” option.
Step 3: The user must click “Add Printer or Scanner”.
Step 4: After selecting the printer, click Add Device.
If Windows 10 does not detect the printer, you must perform the following steps:
Step 1: Select the option “The printer I want is not listed.”
Step 2: Now, the user must select “Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer” and then press “Next”.
Step 3: Now, select the Lexmark printer, the user must follow the options displayed on the Windows 10 screen.
METHOD 2: Lexmark printer wireless setup via button configuration:
In this way, users need to check whether their router supports WPS PUSH TO CONNECT. If both the router and the printer support this configuration, then perform the following steps:
Use the control panel buttons available on the Lexmark printer to go to
- Network port
- Network [x]
- Network [x] settings
- Wireless connection settings
- Then go to wi-fi protection settings
- Start button method
- Now, the user must follow the instructions on the printer and get a wi-fi connection with the printer.
METHOD 3: Software installation CD or Lexmark driver and download
As mentioned earlier, the installation CD for the Lexmark software was already available at the time of purchase. The user needs to insert it into the computer and follow the recommended steps on the screen to set up the Lexmark printer wirelessly. When connecting the printer to the software, make sure to select “Wireless connection”. If you cannot use the software, please download from the official website of the following website
Please perform the following steps to install the Lexmark printer software:
- Users should visit the website Lexmark driver and download it. After that, select the product and printer model.
- Select the operating system and its version (eg Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or Windows 10)
- Make sure to choose English as your language
- Select “Lexmark MS610 Series Driver and Software” (the problematic printer driver).
- To download the software, please agree to the license agreement
- The installation process will start with the installation file running.
- Select the type of installation, then click “Install”, “Agree”, and finally click “Continue”.
- In “Install”, the option to select the folder where the user wants to install the driver, and then click “Continue”.
- Wait for the installation to complete, then select “Wireless Connection” in the “Select Connection Type” box, and then click “Continue”.
- An internal network connection is selected on “Yes and continue”
- The software is now allowed to scan the printer. After completion, the user must select the printer, and then click Continue.
- After the download is complete, try and follow the instructions or guidelines displayed by the software. After the program is installed correctly, users will be able to connect to Wi-Fi from the printer.
METHOD 4: Finally, for the wireless setup of Lexmark printer, we will guide the user through the PIN identification method
For this, the user must know the IP address, username, and password of the router used to log in from the computer. The following steps need to be followed for configuration:
- Enter the control panel
- Network [x]-. > Network [x] Settings-> Wireless-> Wireless Connection Settings-> Wi-Fi Protected Settings-> Start PIN Method
- The user must copy the 8-digit WPS PIN code
- Open a web browser from a computer or laptop.
- Enter the default IP address of the router. Can be found on the back of the router
- Enter the username and password of the router
- Now, find the WPS settings inside the router, and then enter the 8-digit PIN code again.
- Click Save, and then try to test the pushpin on the user’s computer.
How to install Lexmark printer on Mac?
- The user must ensure that the driver is compatible with the Mac OS X lion. If a Lexmark printer is already installed in the system, please clean it up.
- Select the Apple icon from the menu bar and then select Software Update (it will automatically check for updated software that contains Lexmark printer drivers)
- After selecting the Lexmark printer driver, the user must click “Install”.
- The driver package has been downloaded and installed on the system.
- You can add a printer queue.
- The printer should now be in ready mode. Follow the steps below to add a print queue.
- Network connection usage: the printer needs to be connected to the same network as the Mac
- From the Finder, navigate to “System” preferences, then go to “Print and Scan” and click on it.
- Select the printer from the list of discovered printers on the default tab
- Now, the print queue will be set up in “Print and Scan”.
The above steps will help you to setup Lexmark printer and ensure that the user correctly connects the Lexmark printer to the Mac. I hope this guide has helped you.