People have become more tech-savvy today. The mobile phone has become useful for each and every person. You can see a mobile phone in each hand while moving on the road, in the office, or at home. Android is the most widely used operating system for mobile phones. People download the apps and games through the Google Play Store on their Android devices. Most of the Play Store works fine, but sometimes users face problems when using Google Play Store services. The most common problem with the Google Play Store is the “Download Pending” error that prevents you from downloading any application from the Play Store. However, this problem is not serious and you can fix it yourself by following a few simple steps.
Methods to Resolve Download Pending Error on Play Store
There are many problems that occur when using the Google Play Store. Users get frustrated with these problems and start looking for a solution. You can only use the app after downloading and installing it using the Google Play Store. But the situation gets worse when these problems are not solved and you need to use an application from the Play Store. So you need to fix the Google Play download pending error issue on your Play Store. There are several possible methods to fix the pending download error problem on your Android mobile device. Follow either method and check if the problem is solved.
Method 1: Restart your Phone
- Keep pressing the power button.
- Touch the Restart button.
- Once the phone turns on, check if the Pending Download issue is fixed.
Method 2: Check your Internet Connection
- Check if your phone is connected with an active internet connection.
- To connect to the Internet, go to Settings.
- Touch Mobile data and choose a Cellular network.
- Turn on mobile data for your inserted sim.
- Now check if the pending download issue is resolved.
Method 3: Disable Installed Mobile VPN
A VPN (a virtual private network) is used to hide your location while browsing the Internet. Now many people use VPN on their mobile phone too to hide their location. The VPN prevents the Google Play Store from downloading apps and games. Close the VPN or remove or from your phone.
If you are using any VPN app on your phone, then Google thinks you are trying to download apps from another country. Thus, it prevents you from downloading the application by displaying the Google Play Download Pending error.
Method 4: Clear the App Download Queue
- Open Google Play Store
- Go to “My apps and games”.
- You can see the applications that are updated. There will be more than one application in the download queue.
- Now tap the cross sign (×) next to each app to cancel the download.
- Check if the problem has been resolved.
Also Read: What is Google Play Protect and How to Use It?
Fix “Can’t Download Apps from Google Play” Error
Many times users cannot download any application from Google Play Store. In such situations, they should follow these methods as explained below:
Method 1: Update the Mobile Device with the Software Update Option
- Go to “Settings” and tap on the “About phone” option.
- Touch the “System Update” option. It will download and install any available updates for your phone.
- Check if the problem is solved and if you can download any app from Google Play Store.
Method 2: Remove and Reinstall Google Play Updates
If you have recently updated your Google Play Store and now the download problem has occurred, you need to remove the installed updates for your Google Play Store. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to settings and select applications.
- Choose “Google Play Store” from the list of available applications.
- Tap it and choose to uninstall the update.
- This will remove any installed updates for the Google Play Store.
- Check if the problem is resolved after this step.
5 Ways to Fix “Error Downloading Play Store” Problem
When users try to download apps from Play Store, the download fails. This problem is commonly faced by most of Android users. However, this problem is not as complex as it seems. You must follow these simple steps to fix this problem.
Method 1: Factory Reset your Device
If the Google Play Download Pending error is still on your phone, you need to do a factory reset on your phone. This method fixes most of the problems with your Android device.
Resetting an Android device will delete all the apps and data on your phone. It means that all the data on your phone is erased. So, please create a backup of your data before doing a factory reset.
Method 2: Clear Google Play Store Cache and Data
- Go to “Settings” and tap on “Applications”.
- You will see the applications installed on your device. Search for “Google Play Store”.
- Tap “App info” and then tap “Clear cache” and “Clear data.”
- This will clear the cache and data from the Google Play Store.
- Check if the problem has been resolved.
Method 3: Check the Storage Space
Make sure your phone has enough space to download the applications on your phone. So check your phone for storage space. If space is low, delete unwanted files and data from your device.
Method 4: Check background data usage
- Open “Settings” on your Android.
- Go to “Data usage-> Data saving.
- Tap “Unrestricted Data.”
- Search for “Google Play Store” and turn on the slider for “Background data usage.”
- After doing this, try downloading apps from the Google Play Store.
Method 5: Check the Date and Time of Your Device
Sometimes the wrong date and time of the device also restrict Google Play Store to download any apps. Therefore, check that your phone has the correct date and time. To set the correct date and time, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” and find the “Date and Time” settings.
- Set the correct date and time manually.
- You can also set the “Auto” mode to automatically set the current date and time.
- After setting the date and time, check if the problem is fixed.
The above-mentioned methods are enough to fix Google Play Store download pending problems. However, in certain circumstances, the problem is anything else that appears to the user. So you need technical support to solve it. We recommend that you contact the Google Play support team to fix the Google Play download error. Support executives are ready 24 hours a day to help you fix various error messages from Google Play Store. Therefore, do not hesitate to contact the support team. Go online for quick troubleshooting with your Google Play Store.