It’s hard to imagine any Android device without the Google app and everything that comes with it, including Google Assistant, Podcasts, Google Feeds, and more. However, due to things frequent changes and updates, the app itself often encounters errors. Sometimes several users reported that their Google App not working on Android, do not need to worry about it because there are several reasons behind this problem includes a cache corruption, uninstall updates & update the app, Date & time setting, Internet Connection, and a temporary bug, and so on.
6 Easy Ways to Fix Google App Not Working Problem on Android
Follow these simple solutions to fix this issue of Google App is not working on android in no time.
Solution 1: Check for Android updates
- First, open your phone’s “Settings” app.
- Go to the lowest on your phone, then tap “System” and then “Advanced” and then “System update”.
- Then depending upon your phone, you may require to tap “About phone” or “About tablet” and then “Software update”.
- Next, you will see the update status. Follow the below steps of solution 2.
Solution 2: Update the App
- First, open the “Google Play Store” app, on your Android phone.
- Then you will need to hit on the “Menu” option and then “My apps & games” option.
- Next, a screen appears where apps with available updates are labeled “Update” option.
- Then see, if an update is available, then tap the “Update” option. or if more updates are available, then tap the “Update all” option.
Solution 3: Clear the App’s Cache and Data
You should try to clear an app’s cache and data via the “Settings” app on your Android phones. “Settings” can vary by phone. Once you clear cached data, you will get temporarily free up space. It’s a short-term result. Over the period, cached data will create up again.
Solution 4: Uninstall the App
If you do not need any unnecessary app, then you should try to uninstall the app which causes Google app not working problem. Remember any data saved in this app will be erased.
Follow these steps:
- First, touch and hold the app which you do not want to keep and uninstall it.
- Then start dragging the app to “Uninstall” at the top of the screen.
- If you don’t see “Uninstall,” you can’t uninstall the app.
- Now, lift your finger.
Solution 5: Verify Internet Connection
You should try to verify the Internet Connection on your Android phone. Try to switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data, or vice versa, and see if the problem persists. Also, try putting your phone into “flight mode” and try reconnecting. Finally, you can reset your router to make sure you have a good connection.
Solution 6: Restart Phone
If the issue of Google app not working persists then you should try to restart your phone. Remember Settings can vary by phone. On most utmost phones, you will need to press the “Power” button to restart. Then wait about 40-50 seconds or till your phone restarts. Then you will need to tap the “Restart” button.
I hope your issue of Google App not working is fixed now. Now you can use your Android phone again and back to your task.