Gmail is an open source, cloud-based service which is free for users. Gmail is very simple and has many advanced features, but like other services, it also faces issues such as Gmail error 007. Gmail error 007 freezes the user’s account, causing the user to be unable to click anything or even refresh the page. This error prevents users from sending or reading unopened emails. A quick solution is to close Google Chrome and then open it again. In addition, there are many simple methods that will be discussed below.
What causes Gmail server error 007
- Gmail error code 007 appears in Gmail, especially when sending emails. An error occurred due to incorrect configuration of system files or modification of certain settings.
- If the system file is misconfigured, a registry error will be generated on the computer. As a result, it may stop the function of Windows, and may not respond temporarily. Subsequently, an error message is raised.
- Sometimes a slow internet connection may also cause this error, but as the speed increases, it can be resolved.
- Whenever you try to send an email using Gmail, the email client will start the process and communicate with the web browser. If an error occurs, the system will flash the error, and in the future, Gmail will not allow any communication.
5 Easy Ways to Fix Gmail Error 007
- Disable browser extensions
Check if you have installed any browser extensions recently, as the extension may be the main reason for Gmail error 007. Follow the steps below to disable extensions:
- Go to the Google Chrome browser and click the three dot icon in the upper right corner.
- Click More Tools and choose Extension.
- Now uncheck the enable box on the extension.
To find out which extension is causing the problem, enable the extensions one by one and check each time the problem is resolved.
- Disable Gmail Lab background sending
If you have enabled background sending, please use the following simple steps to disable it:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Go to the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Gmail page.
- Click Settings and then go to the Lab tab.
- Look for “Background Send” and disable it.
You can even try to use another browser to access your Gmail account. There are also many automated solutions to Gmail error 007. In this case, please change the email client, because there is no fixed time to solve the problem. The manual method is lengthy and has many limitations, so you can choose an automated solution.
- Clear cache and cookies
Please follow the steps below to clear the cache and cookies from your browser:
- In the Google Chrome browser menu, click Settings.
- Scroll down and select Show advanced settings.
- Click “Content Settings” under the “Privacy” tab.
- In Cookies, click “All Cookies and Site Data”.
- Click Delete All.
- Click Finish.
- Scan for viruses
Scan your computer for viruses because they may cause Gmail error 007 and damage your computer. Use high-quality anti-virus software and scan the computer thoroughly.
- Check for browser updates.
Browsers such as Google Chrome will automatically update but you can also check for updates manually. Go to your browser’s settings and check for updates.
Additional tips to fix “Oops … a server error occurred, and your email was not sent (Gmail error 007)”
If you try all the above methods, you still get nothing. In this case, you can view the following other ways:
- As mentioned above, you need to disable the “background sending” laboratory if it is already done. You only need to wait for a while before it can really be put into practice.
- In addition, you can also try to restart and refresh the web browser page to eliminate the error. Lab settings that are actually disabled are sent in the background.
- The file in execution may damage the computer or it may not damage the computer. Therefore, you should always check the file for any errors or viruses. However, make sure that the Trojan horse program you are dealing with is Gmail error 007. Sometimes we encounter similar problems. However, they have different causes and solutions.
- However, if you can use the same account as on the PC to send emails, but on other devices. Then, it means that your Gmail can work normally, but there are some problems with your PC.
- Make sure you are sending an email to someone with some attachments. Make sure it is below 25MB. Otherwise, the email will report an error.
If you follow the method and outlined steps given above to resolve this issue, you can be assured that you will be able to resolve this issue of Gmail Error 007. Some websites may claim that downloading and installing their software will solve this problem, but please stay away from such scammers. These types of companies are designed to convince you to install their software into the system to deceive you and steal your valuable data.
As we discussed earlier, some users will be annoyed and try some unauthorized solutions or install certain software / utilities recommended by the website. Therefore, sometimes some methods may be lengthy and may test your patience, but please ensure that no data is lost during this process before trying all methods