Gmail has always been very useful and easy to use and can be used on a variety of mobile and laptop devices and email accounts. When you need to access your account on another mobile device or computer device, you need to enter the falling email address and password, and you can later press the login button to access it smoothly in a short time.
Please make sure your login and password are correct. Please note that if an application password is used or two-factor authentication is enabled, a special integrated password must be used. This article is all about how to fix Gmail authentication failed, which suddenly fails and is displayed when the account is configured. This is a server-related issue that occurs when you cannot verify your account.
To solve this problem, you need to:
- Make sure you have entered the correct password.
- Check if you have two-factor authentication enabled. If enabled, please disable it or use a special application password.
- Enable less secure app access in your Google account settings.
- Log out from all other Google accounts.
- Click the link> click continue> confirm.
- Make sure your password does not contain the # or ^ symbol.
How to fix Gmail authentication failed with Outlook
When Gmail cannot verify the account, an authentication error occurred. If you try to connect your Gmail account to Outlook, but cannot log in and encounter Gmail authentication failed (Outlook failure), you can try the following methods to fix it.
Enable IMAP in Gmail.
The solution to the authentication error is to enable IMAP. IMAP allows email to access other email clients such as Outlook
- Log in to your Gmail account from a desktop/laptop computer.
- Select the gear icon image in the upper right corner, and then select Settings.
- Choose forwarding and POP / IMAP.
- If you want to use your email program to configure your POP3 Gmail account, please enable POP or enable IMAP to configure your IMAP account.
- When finished, save the changes.
- Navigate to this link https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and open the access permission to reduce the security of the application.
- Continue to step 2 and add your Gmail account to your email client program (Outlook, Thunderbird, iPhone Mail, etc.).
- Test your GMAIL account settings in your email client program or application. If you still encounter authentication problems, continue and disable “Two-Step Authentication”.
Add Gmail account on Outlook
To add an account, you need to set up IMAP and POP3 email settings in Outlook.
- Full name-enter your name
- Email address-enter Gmail ID
- Password-enter the Gmail password
- Server name-enter “imap.gmail.com”
- For encrypted connections-yes, SSL
- SSL port number -993
- Outgoing mail server name-enter “smtp.gmail.com”
- For encrypted connections – yes, SSL or TLS / STARTTLS
- SSL port number – 465
- TLS / STARTTLS port number -587
POP3 email settings:
- Full name (display name): your full name
- Email address and username: your full Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: your Gmail password
- Incoming mail (POP3) server name: pop.gmail.com
- Encrypted connection required: Yes: SSL
- SSL port: 995
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) name: smtp.gmail.com
- Outgoing server requires authentication: yes
- Encrypted connection required: Yes: SSL (or TLS / STARTTLS)
- SSL port: 465
- (TLS / STARTTLS port: 587)
Fix the issue of Gmail authentication failed with Apple mail:
- First, turn on your Mac device to update with the next latest software, then go to settings.
- Click the Gmail account application, then select the mail account in Apple Mail, and then select the reset button for the Mac device.
- You can deactivate your Gmail account on your Mac, then activate it again, and then delete your Gmail account.
- You should reactivate your Apple Mail account and then select the mail server button.
- Click the IMAP mail server, then enter the email address of the Google account, and then perform the same process.
- After completing the task, you can finally log in to your Google account using Apple Mail on your device.
If you still cannot fix Gmail authentication failed through Apple Mail, you need to enable the IMAP mail server and enter the correct email address and password