In the event that you encounter a problem with the operating system, performing a factory reset is one of the safest ways to roll back the changes. Windows 10 systems tend to have all sorts of issues, from the sudden disappearance of files to updates. Packet windows, buggy driver’s failures and what not! People often experience issues with Windows 10, and factory reset is the most effective way to restore stability.
How to factory reset Windows 10 without password:
Method 1. Factory reset Windows 10 without requiring a password from the login screen
You may have forgotten the login password of your account. Sometimes the login may not work correctly. However, we came to find excuses so we could go beyond the login screen. How to factory reset Windows 10 without password?
Accessing advanced boot options
According to the recommended conditions, we can get here. What to do now we have to enter the advanced boot options. There are two ways to get in:
“Shift” + restart
- Click the power icon in the bottom left.
- Hold down the “Shift” button and press the “restart” button.
Interfering with the boot process
- Continue turning off the computer when Windows starts to load.
- You will land on the following screen. Click “Advanced options”.
- Click “Fix problems”.
- From the list, select “Reset this PC”
- There are currently two options you can follow. You can delete all files on the system partition and restart or reset the system while keeping your personal files still. I suggest going with the first one.
- Click “Reset” to confirm the action. This is the last chance! No returns other than this point
- Wait for the system to complete the reset. The system may automatically reboot itself in the process, so don’t panic.
- When the system is finished reset, you will be taken to the sign-in screen again. Log in to your account using credentials.
Method 2. Factory reset Windows 10 with the installation disk
If you have a Windows 10 installation disc, this method is useful. The Windows 10 ISO installation is available directly from Microsoft, so you can create one right away! This method requires a little extra effort and time, but it’s very easy.
Let’s see how to use the Windows 10 installation disk to reset Windows 10 from the factory without a password.
- As an installation media, I like to use USB flash drives. It’s a more convenient way to use installation media for various purposes. This process is faster because the overall USB flash storage is faster than CD / DVD.
- It doesn’t matter if you have a CD / DVD or ISO, the official standard of Windows 10. We can create a bootable USB flash drive using these. For this purpose, we will use Rufus, a lightweight tool for creating bootable USB drives.
- Is the download complete? Open the tool at first, connect the USB flash drive. Rufus will detect it automatically. If there are multiple USB flash drives connected to the computer, select the correct driver from the list.
- We now need the Windows 10 image file. This image file should be the same version that your system is running. You can get the latest Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft. If you use a CD / DVD to install Windows 10, you can use free tools such as BurnAware to create images from a CD / DVD.
- When you have received the image file, click “Select” on the Rufus and tell the location of the image file.
- Next, make sure that the “Partition format” and “Target system” match your system configuration.
- There’s nothing else to do here. Click “Start”.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Click “Close”
Method 3. Reset Windows 10 password with Windows password recovery
If you forget your account’s login password, there are many ways to reset Windows 10 forgot password, as long as the account is Local. Account access can be recovered. However, “sneaky” procedures may depend on your expertise.
Windows Password Recovery will convert the Windows password reset task to the simplest form. In truth, all you have to do is know how to click the button! Windows password recovery can work wonders on all popular Windows operating systems such as Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It also works on Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2012. And 2016
Start with this great tool without further ado!
1. Windows password recovery
- It is a great tool but not free of charge but you can try it in advance with the trial version (Feature Lock) If you are in a serious situation, you should grab the license.
- For this tutorial, I have tried the “advanced” version of Windows password recovery.
2. Installing Windows Password Recovery
Equipment installation is very easy. The installation process is as easy as installing general software on Windows.
3. Preparing a bootable drive
- The way this tool works is to change the storage device into a bootable device. Next, you will boot the device and relay the password recovery operation. At this point, we need to create a bootable device.
- There are two types of devices that are suitable for this action: CD / DVD or USB flash drive. In this example, I will show you how to use CD / DVD for the purpose. Don’t worry, the steps for a USB flash drive are quite similar.
- Open the tool
- Click the “CD / DVD” icon.
- Select CD / DVD ROM from the device list.
- When ready, click the button “Start burning”. When finished, you will receive a notification of success.
4. Resetting passwords in Windows 10
- Connect the bootable media to your computer and boot. Do your own research because there is no universal way. Almost every manufacturer decides to have a unique way.
- This is the main screen that you will use when booting into the media. Every section has its own explanation.
- Where “Step 1” is the Windows installation. Choose the right one In my case, there is only one operating system. Next is to select an account.
- At “Step 3”, select the desired action in your user account. In this case, just click the “reset password” button.
- When finished, reboot the computer from “Step 4”.
- When you are in this dialog box, delete the bootable media and click “Yes”.
Factory reset Windows 10 without password is quite easy. There are many ways to track Just choose the one that you feel most comfortable. While it is advisable to use normal methods to reset your Windows 10 system, you may not be luxurious all the time. It is always better if you have the knowledge that you can follow in many ways.
If you have just locked the system, use Windows password recovery, restore system access, and perform normal procedures.