Having trouble with your Microsoft Surface Pro model, or facing issues in the lock screen on your Surface Pro tablet? So, you don’t need to worry about it because you can factory reset surface pro to solve this problem quickly.
Therefore, Surface Pro is a laptop or tablet hybrid from Microsoft and is also identified as a 2-in-1 laptop. So, whenever you have forgotten the lock screen password of your Surface Pro model 5/4/3/2/RT and you are unable to login to your PC. Then you should try to reset it to factory setting and there are mainly two methods to factory reset or restore it when it’s locked.
How to Factory Reset Microsoft Surface Pro?
Method 1: – Factory Reset Surface Pro from the Windows Login Screen
- If you forgot the password, and have no recovery drive to restore/reset your Surface tablet, then you can do a factory resetting on the login screen, easily get back on your system. Follow these steps:
- First, turn on your Surface Pro tablet.
- From the Windows login screen, press on the ‘Power’ icon, and hold down the ‘Shift’ key on your keyboard. Press on the ‘Restart’ option.
- After restarting, the Surface Pro will boot into recovery mode. Then hit on the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- On the next screen, choose ‘Reset your PC’ option. It will do a hard reset on your factory reset surface pro without password.
- Then choose one option from ‘Keep my files’ or ‘Remove Everything’ options. Choose an account to continue the factory reset process.
- Important: A factory reset will remove all your data from your Surface Pro. But also, you can recover all of your data always via applying any recovering tool next.
- On the next, you will be able to reset a password. Then type a password for this Administrator account if you have set. But, if have not set, then leave it and tap on ‘Continue’.
- Tap on the ‘Reset’ button, then the process factory reset surface pro will start.
- Now you can log into your Surface Pro Laptop.
Method 2: – Factory Reset Surface Pro with the Recovery USB Drive
- You can try to factory reset Surface Proby a recovery image. But you will need to arrange an external flash drive, then follow these steps.
- First, open the other computer and go to the official website Microsoft support page. Enter the model number and a serial number of your Surface Pro. Click on ‘Continue’
- Then download the recovery image zip file, which will get downloaded in your system.
- Ensure don’t save the ZIP file directly into a USB flash drive, even first save it to your local drive and then USB drive.
- Then extract the installation of Zip files to the root directory of your USB drive.
- Now turn off your Surface Pro tablet and then insert the recovery USB drive. Now, press and hold the ‘Volume-Down(-)’ and ‘Power’ button.
- Next, the Surface logo will appear, release the Volume-Down button, it will boot into the recovery situation. Pick your language and keyboard layout.
- Then pick ‘Troubleshoot’ and ‘Reset your PC’ in the Choose an option screen.
- You can choose to factory reset surface pro without password, and complete the factory reset process.
- Now you can easily log into your Surface Pro Tablet.
Also Read: How to Receive Remote Assistance Support from Microsoft