Discord is the VOIP champion for players, and there is every reason for this. The service offers gamers an easy-to-use application with excellent functionality in which Ventrilo and Teamspeak turn into graves. The development team at Discord is great, and the app regularly updates to fix bugs and software changes. Despite constant development, the application can still be held back by bugs that can endlessly annoy gamers. Regardless of whether your microphone is raised, you don’t hear your teammates or Discord is not updated or Discord search not working, it can be a headache that tilts you even before you join the server.
It’s time to stop worrying. We will talk about several fixes when the Discord update fails/gets stuck or Discord search not working, and we will return you to a server that will communicate as soon as possible.
How to fix Discord search not working issue:
1. Launch Discord as Admin
Before we start removing things, there is a simple trick that many computer users will find out about when the application is not playing the ball. To give this small impetus to dissonance, we can try to run the program on behalf of the administrator. It may sound serious, but it is not, and it may just be the key to getting you back into the mix.
- Right-click the Discord icon on the desktop and you will see “Run as administrator”.
- Click “Run as administrator”, and a window will open asking if you agree that the application makes changes to your device. When you see this new window, click Yes.
- Discord will start and the update should complete.
2. Reinstall Discord
- If the launch with administrator rights failed, but the problem with Discord is not updated, you just need to reinstall the application.
- Download the new installer from https://discordapp.com/ and run it. If this does not solve the problem, you need to reinstall Discord completely.
- If for any reason there is a problem reinstalling Discord, close it in the task manager and try again.
3. Disable Windows Defender
If you use Windows 10, sometimes it is worth turning off Windows Defender. Windows Defender is a built-in antivirus system that uses classifiers, which can sometimes incorrectly classify files as dangerous threats.
- In the Cortana search bar next to the Windows button, enter and run Settings.
- Go to “Update and Security,” then click “Windows Security”> Antivirus and Threat Protection> Manage Settings
- Turn off “Enable real-time protection”
- Save and exit
- Try installing Discord again!
If you have reached the bottom of this article and nothing works to fix Discord search not working, then you should contact Discord itself, who will be happy to help.