Steam is one of the popular and amazing gaming hubs where everyone can buy it and play crowdfunded titles. The graphics of steam are very best and it is user friendly for all the platform but sometimes, the user often forgot Steam password and keep searching for the ways to reset or change it. Changing passwords periodically is said to be a good habit to maintain, especially to protect financial information stored online with a web-based service like Steam. You can change your password at any time, but you will need access to your email account for the fastest results.
Common Issues Related to Steam Password Reset:
- The passwordis not working after resetting.
- Steam password is not responding on windows or mac computer.
- Getting display error after tying the password.
- Alternative email address is not receiving security code for password creation and many more similar issues.
Moreover, if you are getting above-presented similar types of the issue so there might be the problem on password generation on steam, sometimes, due to the low speed of internet, corrupted cookies or cache, old version of web browser and so on.
How to Change the Steam Password:
Step 1: Open the Change password Section
Start Steam and make sure you are logged in to your account. In the main menu at the top of the screen, you must click on “Steam” and then navigate to “Settings”. The “Settings” window will appear and you must click on the “Change password or secret question” button. Another box will appear and you should choose the option “I want to change my password” and click on “Next”.
Step 2 — Choose a new password
Then you must enter your current password and click on “Next”. You will now need to get the confirmation code that has been sent to your email account, so browse to your email and copy the code from the email from Steam Support. Return to the Steam window and enter the code in the upper box. Enter a new password of your choice twice and then click “Next.” Then you will be informed that your password has been modified successfully, click “Finish”. Click “OK” in the “Settings” window.
Step 3 — Test the new password
Now, let’s try the change. Click on the “Steam” option in the main menu and then click on “Change user”. In the dialog that appears, click “Log out.” Steam will close and a moment later a dialog box will appear asking you to log in. Enter your normal username and new password and click “Login.” Assuming you enter the details correctly, Steam will connect and load and this is how to change Steam’s password.
Step 4 — Reset a password through Steam Client
Load the Steam client and click on “Recover a lost account” when the login box appears. By selecting “Be the name of my account” and “Next”, you will go to the next page, where you can type your account name and wait for an email from Steam. In that email, there is a code that you must enter in the client; You should also answer your security question, included in the email. If the code and answer are correct, you can enter your new password immediately.
Step 5 — Reset a password without an account name
If you don’t remember the username you used to log in to your Steam account, you can still receive a code via email. In the Steam client, selecting “I don’t know the name of my account” gives you the option to choose “I remember the contact email address I used”. Enter the email attached to your Steam account, where you will receive your username; You can use this information to locate your password using the previous method.
Step 6 — Reset a password without access to the email
If you do not have access to your email account or remember the previous email you used, the best thing you can do is get a product key registered in your account; unless the key has been stored somewhere, such as in a physical Steamworks game, there will be no way to find it. If you can retrieve your account name using a product code, you can send an email to Steam Support with the product key and your account name for additional help.
The Process of the Steam Password Reset
If you want to recover your steam password so make sure, don’t perform any downloading or installation process in the background of the computer as well as provide high-speed wireless or wired internet connection to the computer.
- Visit the official website of Steam and tap on the Login option.
- Then, click on the forgot your password.
- After then, tap on the I Forgot Steam Account Name or password.
- Next, write your account name and alternate email address.
- Tap on the search and then, Steam will send a verification code to your alternative email address.
- Then, check the email address and copy the code and paste it as a verification code.
- Tap on the Continue and create a new password and confirm it on the same in another box.
Therefore, users can easily Recover Steam password using the above-presented steps, but on the duration of password creation, users should make a strong password.
How to Recover Forgotten Steam Password?
If you have forgotten your steam password account so don’t need to worry because steam users can recover account password through alternative email address, phone number, and account name.
- Just open the login panel of Steam and enter your account name in the box.
- Then, hit on I can’t sign in option under the need help with the sign-in section.
- Enter the mobile number in the box and fill in the captcha carefully.
- Tap on the search button and the steam will send a verification code on your registered mobile number.
- So, just open your phone and check the message.
- Enter the code of the message in the verification box.
- Tap on the continue button.
- Here you need to set a password and confirm it on another box.
Furthermore, users can easily recover forgotten steam password via the above-given steps but if you want to make a strong password so include characters, alphabets, upper- & lower-case combinations.