An email has been the best way to communicate with clients. Most businesses use email services and Outlook is one of the best ways to manage email services that can be done online as well as offline. Users need to configure Outlook on a system to use its services. However, there are situations when Outlook suddenly stops working and gets the message “cannot start Microsoft Outlook”. This could be because Outlook is not configured properly. This is one of the most common issues that users face. Here we give a reliable and step-by-step process to fix this issue.
How to Fix “Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook” Error?
Working with Outlook gives you many advanced options to manage your emails but the problem that many users face is cannot start Microsoft Outlook. This could be a serious problem if you are unable to fix it. Users facing this issue are unable to use any of the services of outlook as Outlook is unable to start on your computer. Here are some fixes that will help you in fixing this issue.
You can run Outlook in compatibility mode or can turn it off and then check whether the issue gets fixed or not. However, if the issue remains, then you can reset the Outlook navigation pane.
- Turn off compatibility mode in Outlook
- Click on the start menu.
- Type “Outlook.exe”.
- You will see an Outlook over the top of the search.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- If one of the fields on the Compatibility tab is selected, clear all the checkboxes.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
- Now restart Outlook to check if the issue has been resolved.
- Reset the Outlook navigation pane
- Press the Windows+ R button. This will open the Run command box.
- Now type “Outlook.exe / resetnavpane” and press Enter key.
- This will reset your Outlook settings. If this fixes the issue, then it’s fine else follow the next step.
- Create a new Outlook profile
- Go to Control Panel and look for the “Mail” icon.
- Click on it and then choose “View Profiles” in the Mail Setup.
- Click on “Add” to add a new Outlook profile.
- Always use this profile by selecting it in the future to work seamlessly.
- Click on “Apply” to save the changes.
- Now restart your computer to check if the issue is resolved.
How to Fix “Cannot Open Outlook Window” Error?
Outlook enables users to access the received mails in offline mode also. Users can apply lots of features to their mailing service. However, in case they have issues complaining about cannot open Outlook Windows then users need to contact the Outlook support team. Alternatively, users can follow the below steps to fix this issue.
- Start Outlook in Safe Mode
- Press the Ctrl key and then start Outlook.
- You will see a message asking to start Outlook in safe mode. Click “Yes” to start Outlook in safe mode.
- Disable Add-ons
- Start Outlook in safe mode and then go to the “File” menu and click “Options”.
- Click on the “Add-ons” option present at the left pane.
- Choose the add-ins to disable by unchecking them.
- Click Ok to apply the changes.
These methods can be used to fix the issue if you are facing the problem of cannot start Microsoft Outlook or cannot open Outlook Windows. Getting quick resolution is necessary if you use Outlook most often for your personal or professional work. If any of the methods doesn’t help you in fixing this issue, then you must contact the Outlook customer support team to get reliable and proper fixing of this issue. Don’t hesitate in contacting the Outlook support team, get in touch with them at any time whenever you face any sort of issues with your outlook account.
Also Read: How to Get Microsoft Remote Assistance