Belkin is a plug-and-play device, and it is very easy to set up Belkin router via a cable modem or internet connection. If you need to configure an older Belkin router, please reset Belkin wifi router settings before jumping to Belkin router setup.
Belkin router is one of the best home wireless routers, and you have made the right choice by purchasing it. According to user needs, it is easy to install and configure. We have been using Belkin routers for more than 5 years, and now we understand the ins and outs of this product; today, we intend to share the experience and knowledge of using Belkin routers.
Belkin router setup
Before setting up a Belkin router, you need to keep few things in mind.
- You need to know your Internet connection type (you can consult your Internet service provider) as if you have DHCP, static IP or PPP0E connection
- Belkin router’s default IP (gateway) and default username and password. If it is Belkin, it should be 192.168.2.1
- Retain Ethernet cable (Internet cable)
- Now, without wasting your important time, let’s start explaining how to set up Belkin yourself.
- Friends and family, please unbox your Belkin router first. If you have an old Belkin router, then we recommend that you reset the Belkin router before proceeding with the installation.
Connect Belkin router to modem
- Restart your cable modem (Internet Service Provider equipment) and wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the Belkin router into power and turn it on.
- Connect the Belkin wireless router to the modem with an Ethernet cable.
- Now, confirm that the modem’s WAN port is connected to the yellow port of the Belkin wireless router.
- Connect Belkin router to modem
- Belkin router connection
- If you have completed this step, then … Bravo, but we have one more step to go-
Belkin router setup without cable
I know that not everyone has a computer, or you may not have the correct computer at this time, or you may be too lazy to use the computer, so you can use the following steps to set up the Belkin wireless router without a computer. However, we recommend using a laptop to install the Belkin wifi router, because a larger screen can help you set the correct settings. After configuring the modem with the Belkin wireless router, please follow the steps below
- Turn on your Android phone or tablet and use a full browser, such as Chrome, Firefox or Opera mini.
- Google chrome can be a good choice for browsers.
- Look carefully for the new Belkin network in your wireless network list.
- You will be able to see a new insecure Belkin wireless network, please connect to it.
- Now, at the top of the browser, enter 192.168.2.1 and press Enter to log in to Login Belkin router
- Here you can see your wireless router configuration. You can follow the given steps to set the router security and password.
- You can add a new password and a new network name for the wireless router, and then save the settings
- After saving the settings, try to perform a reboot on the Belkin router.
- Congratulations on your Belkin wireless router setup is complete, now you can enjoy the fun of using wireless network
Install Belkin router with Ethernet cable
This is the easiest way to setup Belkin router using a modem –
- As mentioned at the beginning of this article, use an Internet cable to connect the Belkin router to the modem.
- Belkin wireless router and computer settings
- Now, use an Ethernet cable to connect the computer from the first port of the router (LAN 1)
- Open the router settings page via 192.168.2.1 and let the modem detect your Internet connection type
Tip- In most cases it is a DHCP connection. If you have a PPPoE connection, please ask your provider to provide a username and password.
Now, once you enter the Belkin router settings page, you can set a password for the Belkin router so that only you can access it and if necessary, go to the wireless settings and change the password, and then disable the guest network (unless you decide to provide free wireless network to everyone, or you are running a coffee shop)
You can also change the network name displayed on the screen, which is called SSID. After completing all these changes, please save all settings and restart the router and computer, I am very confident that this will help in setup Belkin Wireless router settings. If you need more help, please go to the Belkin Router Installation and Setup Guide.