Having a working Apple ID is crucial to using any Apple device or iPhone, so a disabled Apple ID is a problematic condition at some point. Are you having trouble with a locked or Apple id disabled for security reasons! Or did you get a message saying your Apple ID is disabled? So, you should not worry.
In this article, you will get the complete information about how to fix Apple ID is disabled for security reasons? Thus, there are various methods through which you can unlock a disabled Apple ID. So, you can fix this situation quickly.
Why Is Apple ID Disabled or Locked?
When Apple id disabled or Apple locked your Apple ID account as security protection. Usually, this occurs when someone tries to enter the wrong password several times in a series or when you forgot the password, you repeatedly entered it inaccurately or when someone else is trying to break their access into your account, which is protection against Apple.
Methods to Fix Apple ID Is Disabled for Security Reasons:
Method 1: Unlock your Apple ID with Turn on Two-factor Authentication
When your Apple ID is disabled for security reasons, then it is possible to get back in again through the turn on two-factor authentication, where you will get a verification code to reset the password. Follow the steps to do it.
- From a computer, go to the iForgot.apple.com website.
- Then enter your Apple ID or username to sign in to your account.
- Enter your phone number and click on the ‘Continue’.
- Then Apple will send a verification code to your trusted devices or in a text message on your phone associated with your Apple ID to reset your password.
- In case, if you are unable to access your trusted devices, then tap on ‘Don’t have access to any of your devices?’ at the bottom of your screen.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to unlock your account or for the Appleid.Apple.com Reset Password
Method 2: Unlock Apple ID with Security Question or Email
When your Apple id is disabled, then you can unlock your Apple ID with security questions. Follow the steps to do it.
- Go directly to “iForgot.apple.com”.
- Then enter your email address associated with your Apple account. Hit on “Continue”.
- Choose one recovery method from the mentioned methods “Get an Email” and “Answer Security Question”.
- If you choose “Get an Email” then Apple will send a reset password instruction to your email address.
- If you choose “Answer Security Question” you will have to provide the answers to your security questions that you set up while the account was created.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete this recovery stage, and you will be forwarded a page to reset the password, after entering the verification code in the required field.
- Then make a new password, and enter the password again to confirm it.
- Click on the “Reset Password” option.
Method 3: Regain Access to Apple ID by Recovery Key
When your Apple id is disabled for security reasons and you are locked out from your device! At this point, you can insert your recovery key to regain access to it. Follow the below steps to do it.
- On your device, go to the Settings menu, then tap on ‘Password & Security’.
- Then you may have to key in your Apple ID.
- Next, tap on the ‘Recovery Key’ and turn it on.
- Then, tap on ‘Use Recovery Key’ and enter the passcode of the device.
- Mention the recovery key and confirm that you retain it safe.
- On the next screen, confirm the recovery key by entering it.
- Now you are done.
Hence, in the above manner, you can easily unlock your disabled Apple ID when Apple id disabled for security reasons easily.
Also Read: How to Create Apple ID Without Credit Card