Microsoft users are familiar with Microsoft accounts because through this account users are able to sign in to all Microsoft products like Office, Outlook, Hotmail, Skype, OneDrive and many more. Without having the password, users cannot access Microsoft account by any mean. In this article, I’ll list how to reset your Microsoft account password using account.live.com/acsr, if you have lost or forgotten your account password.
What is Account.live.com/acsr?
Before knowing the steps to reset Microsoft account password lets first understand account.live.com/acsr.
So basically account.live.com/acsr is the direct URL of Microsoft which lands on reset password page of official Microsoft account. So either user can directly copy and paste this URL in the search bar and the site will open to go further with the step, or search for “Microsoft Password Reset” using any of the search engines and then you need to click on the first shown result. In both ways, you will navigate on the same official Microsoft password reset.
Steps to reset your Microsoft account password:
It is very easy to reset your Microsoft account password, and it takes only 10 to 15 minutes in most cases.
- Open the “Reset your Microsoft account password” page from any browser on any computer or device, even your smartphone or search for account.live.com/acsr
- Enter your Microsoft email address, alternate email address, phone number, or Skype name associated with the account and select Next.
- Select how you want to receive the security code, such as an alternate email address or a phone number. Select Show more verification methods if you wish.
- Type the required information, such as your full email address or the last four digits of your phone number, and choose Get Code.
- Enter the verification code you received and choose Next.
- Enter the required new password. The password must be a minimum of eight characters. Re-enter your password and select Next.
- A notification will appear that your password has been changed. Select Sign in to sign in to your Microsoft account with your new password.
That’s all in the account.live.com/acsr Microsoft account password reset tips. You see, it’s not difficult to deal with this kind of problem. You can now access Microsoft as usual with your newly created password.